Search This Blog
How 'Leaving for a typical Work-day' can impact the quality of Life...do it better!
There is something very abjectly defeatist about the phrase 'leaving for work'
It seems as if you are leaving the holy grail of your home to someplace that will devour you. Further, most people use this phrase and their morning regimen in the most destructive manner whereas the reality is that how you psyche up yourself when starting the daily routine has a far-reaching effect, affecting nearly everything, including your mindset, affecting the energy you carry back home and how miserable or energetic you will be during the workday.
While people have published long articles and editorials about how to start your day, things to do when you wake up and how to manage your morning better, little has been said about the smallest things that can seriously dent a working day morning. My decade of committing horrible mistakes and finding out the truth at my own expense has made me make some conclusions:
Be loud in saying goodbyes, casual, but make it a habit. Morning kisses are good, they tend to stay with you longer than their moistness. Don't leave home with bad vibes. You don't want that type of energy when starting the day. I have had days when I got somewhat misty-eyed thinking about my mom's chronic state of Parkinsonian and those feelings make the heart and head heavy with thoughts that do very little good when you want to be charged up and not flattened by life's realities. This can be very challenging if you are working from home, just like many of us have been doing during the COVID era. Without the morning travel to work, with work being in the air throughout the day when you are at home, starting your day with a plan can seem trivial, almost stupid. However, this is where you need to take control and develop some discipline too. You have to banish the negativity when you open your laptop. Perhaps, you can count to your login and then, put all the grudges on hold, until you wrap up your workday. If you have been starting your work-from-home office schedule without taking a bath, just reconnect with yourself - you are most likely to have felt de-energized and almost depressive during the morning hours, often struggling with an argument or a demotivating realization that has lingered on since last night.
Never ever leave the home hungry. You need a carb hit, hopefully, with some protein, don't gulp the supplements when starting the day. Don't chew on anything that tends to make you gassy or heavy. You want to reach the workplace lighter, more nimble, and agile. All the wisdom about leaving home with a good, rich breakfast is more bookish than practical. You want to leave home for work with a light, relaxed stomach. You can try just having lots of fluids, like water, honey lemon mix, milk, shakes, juices, buttermilk, etc. rather than eating something that takes a longer time to digest. This is as relevant during the work-from-home ecosystem that is bound to make you more negligent towards catching a morning bite. Even as hybrid work cultures are developing, it is a global truth that work-from-home is here to stay for a long time. It has been here for more than a year and increasingly, it is messing up how people are planning their morning schedule. With the favorite cookies now baked at home or being easily available, just across the corridor, breakfast is again taking a beating. Some work-from-home champions tend to start their day with a strong cup of coffee, tagged with endless bites or snacking as the day moves along. In contrast, many people have been brunching, bypassing the traditional breakfast routine. This can really take a toll when you need to be at your creative best during a morning call or want to sound assertive when leading a morning training session. Eating light still remains the wisdom to share, even if you are working from home!
Don't pass on the feeling that your day is going to be horrible. It gets viral, among family and friends too. Try to check things that can possibly ruin your day. Stuff like daily meds, earphones, digital devices you are addicted to. You might need a lot of tissue. You might want to carry your inhaler during the pollen season breakouts. There might be a wrist wrap that helps you to keyboard better, faster. For me, it has been a case of many wrist bands that have kept my typo's wrist pain in check over the years. Yes, I am a chronic, near-fatal, MS Word author...I must write something for a larger part of the day. When I was working regularly, packing for the office included fruits for giving an energy boost, fruits to get over the early evening laziness, and even more fruits to give things one last push before the closing hours. Allergy season meant carrying my inhaler and an ensemble of green tea sachets. With work-from-home becoming the only option, packing for work means ensuring there is no clutter on the work desk. Usually, walking into my working room, after just having watered the balcony planters gives me a bit of morning boost. The desk is never stocked with any snackable. Try to have some morning affirmations.
Try to say something about the evening plans. This makes it seem like a more human schedule where there is life beyond the cubicle. Don't be counting money or writing cheques. This can induce financial anxieties. This is not the time to calculate how much the baby in the family strained you in terms of pharmacy store or diaper costs. This is when you want to kiss the baby goodbye. Mornings are the worst time to reflect upon the last week for things you could not get done. You don't want to carry these vibes to a working day!
Don't sip on too much coffee when you are leaving home. Yes, you need a light sugar hit to get the feet moving but too much caffeine could mean trying to do things that are practically not the right choice for your morning regimen. Reserve the coffee-linked enthusiasm for work meetings and clients. There is a difference between being energetic in the morning and trying to sprint so hard that you tip over. You want to pace out your energy reserves. Working days can get unpredictably tiresome and you must have some backup fuel. I am talking about mental reserves and not endless cups of coffee.
Try not to browse through images of others vacationing or celebrating anniversaries. The morning exit time should be more about self-reflection, more attuned towards ensuring the things you would be doing today. Never waste time in updating your apps or checking Whats App statuses. This is the time to spread the good vibes in your home because they will make an impression on who will stay behind and will come around to welcome you when you come back home in the evening. This is like a bit of emotional investment that yields daily returns so stop fidgeting with your iPhone and get more human. Don't rush to the FB app in the morning to check out the latest updates from your workplace or home-life circle of friends and colleagues. You don't need to process this type of data early in the morning when, the entire attention should be on prepping your mind & body for another grueling day.
Mental Health Battles, Confessions
- Need that Morning Sense of Calmness
- Trying to Breathe-In, Hold and Then, Exhale the Anxiety Out of ME
- Dem Lost Souls
- The Valium Pages in My DIY Life’s Diary
- Have You Used Self-created Pinch Points to Handle Anxiety?
- Exhaling Away the Blues, with a Thrust
- Don’t Plan Life, Just a Week Can Do!
- My Psoriasis: More of a Psychological Thing?!
- Uncluttering to Gain Composure: Is it really so simple?
- Skin Picking [Excoriation]: Stupid Addictions that Only Harm You
- Being Different: Learning Humility without Being a Doormat | Life Teaches You How to Give a Fuck
- Try to Push-up Towards Better Mental Health - When Exercising is about the MIND!
- Using Palm Clenching to Navigate Anxious Oceans
- Life Motivation Quotes that Don’t Relay the Right Idea Unless you don’t Value the Present!
- Type of Weird Things that Cloud My Mind when I look Serious, Attentive, Concerned
- Everyday Observations: What is this feeling associated with Books Stacked Together?
- Mind Matters: That One Thing No One in Depression Should be Allowed…
- Don't Try to Life-proof your Relationship, Let it Ride the Wave cauz You Made it that Strong!`
- Planning can be an achievement killer: scheduling to find your chi of greatness?
- Fruits with Aesthetics: what is it about happy lemons?
- How pint sips can be my anxiety fixer with no big downsides...
- You might want to drive alone, not to rethink, but to think better...
- Why not take an adventure trip within your home with almost zero gear? [DIY Anxiety Management]
- Condition that makes dotted patterns visually overwhelming is called___??
- Approach to Restarting Life Inspired by Falling Leaves
- When Life Gives You Lemons, Ask for Martini...Demand One!
- pre-empting the final goodbyes...the ones that will mean the most.
- What if you didn't have a bestie? What if the everlasting friendship never got underway...
- That time of the month for a Guy but is Mental Menstrual break a reality?
- Confession Time – Updated on February 13th, 2018
- Pain Lies in the Mind of the Beholder: Your Pain Can Be An Emotional Manager
Opinions About Everything
- Swagger when Sipping Tea?!
- Metro: The Last, Save Haven for Women in the City?
- Metro Physics, Chapter 1: “Human Pendulums”
- The Actresses are Revealed
- Portion of My Dreams Captured in Images Borrowed Online
- Changing First Name or Surname Post Marriage: are we overthinking it?
- Just Some Fleeting Thoughts about ‘Could Have Been Better’
- How Old is ‘seat-worthy old’?
- Lohri – yes, it is essentially a Bonfire Thing!
- Are your dreams always wintery?
- Are you eating a banana or hot dog?
- Why is winter dressing about Greys, followed by fanaticism for Black and Deep Blues?
- Weirdness about the Japanese Culture Just Got Deeper!
- What does red bring to you?
- Why deep-throating DIGITIZATION in India is stupid?
- Loving the Flames – a peek into bonfires, loving the flickers
- For the Love of Impact Mints, Actually the Box…OK!! It Is Just A Short Review!
- Is Misunderstanding ‘Big Data’ akin to Misinterpreting ‘How to Live’?
- Seeking Compliments Has Got Nothing To Do With Vanity…In Most Cases
- Dyslexia or Dysgraphia due to Breaking the Habit?
- Not Silence of the Lambs, Nothing Depraved, Just an Opinion about Sheep Shearing Videos
- Banish Old Driving Habits: Vehicular Acclimatization is What it Takes to Make the Most Out of Mahindra KUV 100
- Why this sudden global fascination with Brown?
- LIARS: So Pulled Back Hair is About Minimal Styling?
- Valentine's Day Thoughts: Proposing with an emphasis on making it big?
- Discussions Inspired by the Upcoming 2018 Holi Festival
- Don't Man-Bag the Issue: purse, pouch, clutch-like or shoulder bag?
- Not Another Left-handed vs Right-handed Blog: Is there a good side to your body?
- From Childhood to Young Adult & Now Married - How Creating, Losing and Reconnecting with these Memories Makes Me Wonder about Life
- Her Bra Strap is Showing, so why should you feel uncomfortable?
- From Kejriwal to Aussie Smith, March 2018 is a Month of Surprising Apologies, Some Look Genuine, Others Outright Conceited!!
- The Pencil Thing: When Life Pulls You Back to the Basics!
- No Mom, I am not throwing away God!!
- I believe Casanova had great oral skills...I mean, Conversational!
- Don't complicate social media - it is more human than you think!
- Marble White & Predominantly White Sneakers Continue to Engage MEN...why?
- Guilt Pangs are OK but Don't Get Wishful about Reducing Your Guilt Footprints
- Find how the typewriter is not another technologically defunct memory...this old dog punches back!
- Owning a Beagle...am ready for the dope-eyed canine to crawl all over!
- Beer in a Glass versus Drinking Beer from the Bottle: why is the house so divided?
- Debating How Men Should Look: Why BIG guys will always be macho & better for many?
- Voyeuristic Decadence: What if you could crap like Richard Branson?
- Night-outs Should Be Exploring Without Scheduling | Planners, Stay Away!
- When Couple Therapy means getting along with a Man & Wife you cannot connect with!
- Colossal Crisis: Food Inspectors on the Metro & Confessions about Zero Self-Governance
- Not Just a Tattered Scooter, this is a bygone era on two wheels that is crumbling…
- The Geeky Gaff: Judging a Book by its Cover…Feel & a Lot More!
- Workout Disasters - Reality over Mind over Pain - am I losing to chimps?
- Catty, Animalistic or Just Fashionista? The Truth is that Animal Prints Don’t Make You Look Any of These…
- Now that tattoos are mainstream, are there any rules to the body ink game?
- Images to Test-Decipher How an Individual has Aged, Lived, Prospered, Degenerated
- Bright homes seem crude, crass & downright Asian poor versus Postcard-perfect Euro Locations
- Most Ridiculous Theory Ever about the Curse of Perfection – Only a Guy Could Share This | Popcorn Bytes
- Don’t Deny It – Everyone is Guilty of Leave-the-Office Early Pangs
- Nothing Oceanic Perhaps but this Shade is Calming for Sure…
- Love Nature but wearing it is entirely different | Ridiculous Fashion
- A Note to My Dear Phus-Phus...[Love Sign!]
- Be Bear-Y Patient to Read this...that strange Men-Bear Connection!
- DIY Silicone Lessions via DIY Struggles in Handling Industrial Strength Compounds
- Because white-spacing published content matters...
- Because white-spacing published content matters...
- SO Hate Me for Carrying One…somewhere in my daily gear
- Two Massagers & A Reasonably Good Guy
- Online Shopping Review for Mr. Bowerbird Apparels on Myntra