Search This Blog
Cold, supposedly sleek cans versus vintage-like glass bottles
This had to be by chance for sure...I have always had a strong opinion of soda cans being pretentious, and trying hard to look cool. However, friends and colleagues have always had their opinion, saying that soda cans represent more hygiene and highlighting that how increasingly, people want everything to be better packed and made more presentable. During a recent visit to a local market, I came across a bulk dealer's store that retails simple glass bottles. The dairy bottles that were once used to retail milk. These are making a comeback of sorts. As compared to the cans, I find them easier to grip, literally more transparent and the rounded-ness brings about some retro feeling.
The lids are getting easier to use, easy to click into place, and lock the bottle for good. I have bought about half a dozen and though there is no plan to make a collection out of these, there are some thoughts about using them as indoor planters, albeit after painting them in bright metallic paints. Cans, in comparison, seem highly disposable. They might look more urbane but there is nothing elite about them. Beer cans might make smuggling in the summer beverage easier across properties or places that frown at alcohol but the cold, but highly durable, the body of a soda can has nothing if compared to the aesthetics of my classic dairy milk bottle.
Some people collect classic dairy milk bottles as a hobby because they find them interesting, unique, or nostalgic. Milk bottles from the past can be a reminder of a bygone era and can evoke memories of a simpler time. They can also be a way to preserve a piece of history. Collectors often appreciate the craftsmanship and design of old milk bottles and enjoy researching their history and origin. These bottles can be a reminder of how milk was once delivered, bottled, and sold. Collectors often enjoy the challenge of finding and acquiring rare or hard-to-find bottles, and the sense of accomplishment that comes with completing a collection. They also enjoy sharing their collections with others and learning more about the history of milk bottles. Some people also collect milk bottles as an investment, as some rare and unique milk bottles can be quite valuable. It's also worth mentioning that milk bottle collecting is a niche hobby and that not everyone will have the same appreciation for it, but for those who do, it can be a fun and enjoyable pastime.
Collectors often look for milk bottles that are in good condition, with minimal wear and tear. Some bottles may be quite valuable if they are rare or in excellent condition. To start collecting glass milk bottles, one can look for them in antique shops, flea markets, garage sales, and online auction sites. Joining a milk bottle collecting club or attending a milk bottle show can also be a great way to learn more about the hobby and meet other collectors. It's worth noting that some types of milk bottles are more valuable than others, such as those made by certain manufacturers, those made during certain time periods, or those that are a unique shape or color. It's also worth noting that some milk bottles are considered more valuable if they still have the original paper label or embossing on them. There are several different types of glass milk bottles that were used throughout the 20th century. Some of the most common types include:
Pint and quart bottles: These were the most common sizes of milk bottles and were used for home delivery of milk. They were typically clear or blue-green in color and had a wide mouth for easy pouring.
Embossed bottles: These bottles had raised lettering or designs on them, such as the name of the dairy or a picture of a cow. They were often used for home delivery and were made in a variety of sizes.
Hutchinson bottles: These were an early type of milk bottle that had a spring-loaded stopper on the top. They were typically used for home delivery and were made in a variety of sizes.
Cream top bottles: These bottles had a wider top than the regular milk bottle, which was used to hold cream that would rise to the top of the milk.
Milk carton bottles: These bottles were made of cardboard and were used to hold milk in the early 20th century. They were typically used for school milk programs.
Milk jug bottles: These bottles were made of thicker glass and were used to hold milk for the grocery store. They typically held more milk than regular milk bottles.
Specialty bottles: These bottles were made in unique shapes and designs, such as heart-shaped bottles for Valentine's Day or Christmas-themed bottles. They were typically used for promotional purposes and were not as common as the other types of milk bottles.
It's worth noting that these are some of the most common types of glass milk bottles, but there could be other types that are less common or regional-specific.
Metal cans are preferred over glass bottles for several reasons:
Durability: Metal cans are much more durable than glass bottles and are less likely to break or crack. This makes them a more practical choice for transporting and storing liquids.
Lightweight: Metal cans are much lighter than glass bottles, which makes them easier to transport and handle. This also reduces the cost of shipping and handling.
Cost-effective: Metal cans are cheaper to produce than glass bottles, which makes them a more cost-effective choice for manufacturers and consumers.
Recycling: Metal cans are more easily recycled than glass bottles, which makes them a more environmentally-friendly choice. Metal cans can be recycled indefinitely, reducing the need for new materials to be mined and processed.
Preservation of the content: Metal cans provide a better barrier against light and air, which can preserve the freshness and taste of the product inside.
Food safety: Metal cans are also preferred for food safety as they are not permeable to air, light, and microorganisms and can be sealed hermetically, which can prevent the growth of bacteria and other microorganisms that can spoil the food.
These factors have led many manufacturers and retailers to switch to metal cans as the preferred packaging for a wide range of products, including food and beverages.
Mental Health Battles, Confessions
- Need that Morning Sense of Calmness
- Trying to Breathe-In, Hold and Then, Exhale the Anxiety Out of ME
- Dem Lost Souls
- The Valium Pages in My DIY Life’s Diary
- Have You Used Self-created Pinch Points to Handle Anxiety?
- Exhaling Away the Blues, with a Thrust
- Don’t Plan Life, Just a Week Can Do!
- My Psoriasis: More of a Psychological Thing?!
- Uncluttering to Gain Composure: Is it really so simple?
- Skin Picking [Excoriation]: Stupid Addictions that Only Harm You
- Being Different: Learning Humility without Being a Doormat | Life Teaches You How to Give a Fuck
- Try to Push-up Towards Better Mental Health - When Exercising is about the MIND!
- Using Palm Clenching to Navigate Anxious Oceans
- Life Motivation Quotes that Don’t Relay the Right Idea Unless you don’t Value the Present!
- Type of Weird Things that Cloud My Mind when I look Serious, Attentive, Concerned
- Everyday Observations: What is this feeling associated with Books Stacked Together?
- Mind Matters: That One Thing No One in Depression Should be Allowed…
- Don't Try to Life-proof your Relationship, Let it Ride the Wave cauz You Made it that Strong!`
- Planning can be an achievement killer: scheduling to find your chi of greatness?
- Fruits with Aesthetics: what is it about happy lemons?
- How pint sips can be my anxiety fixer with no big downsides...
- You might want to drive alone, not to rethink, but to think better...
- Why not take an adventure trip within your home with almost zero gear? [DIY Anxiety Management]
- Condition that makes dotted patterns visually overwhelming is called___??
- Approach to Restarting Life Inspired by Falling Leaves
- When Life Gives You Lemons, Ask for Martini...Demand One!
- pre-empting the final goodbyes...the ones that will mean the most.
- What if you didn't have a bestie? What if the everlasting friendship never got underway...
- That time of the month for a Guy but is Mental Menstrual break a reality?
- Confession Time – Updated on February 13th, 2018
- Pain Lies in the Mind of the Beholder: Your Pain Can Be An Emotional Manager
Opinions About Everything
- Swagger when Sipping Tea?!
- Metro: The Last, Save Haven for Women in the City?
- Metro Physics, Chapter 1: “Human Pendulums”
- The Actresses are Revealed
- Portion of My Dreams Captured in Images Borrowed Online
- Changing First Name or Surname Post Marriage: are we overthinking it?
- Just Some Fleeting Thoughts about ‘Could Have Been Better’
- How Old is ‘seat-worthy old’?
- Lohri – yes, it is essentially a Bonfire Thing!
- Are your dreams always wintery?
- Are you eating a banana or hot dog?
- Why is winter dressing about Greys, followed by fanaticism for Black and Deep Blues?
- Weirdness about the Japanese Culture Just Got Deeper!
- What does red bring to you?
- Why deep-throating DIGITIZATION in India is stupid?
- Loving the Flames – a peek into bonfires, loving the flickers
- For the Love of Impact Mints, Actually the Box…OK!! It Is Just A Short Review!
- Is Misunderstanding ‘Big Data’ akin to Misinterpreting ‘How to Live’?
- Seeking Compliments Has Got Nothing To Do With Vanity…In Most Cases
- Dyslexia or Dysgraphia due to Breaking the Habit?
- Not Silence of the Lambs, Nothing Depraved, Just an Opinion about Sheep Shearing Videos
- Banish Old Driving Habits: Vehicular Acclimatization is What it Takes to Make the Most Out of Mahindra KUV 100
- Why this sudden global fascination with Brown?
- LIARS: So Pulled Back Hair is About Minimal Styling?
- Valentine's Day Thoughts: Proposing with an emphasis on making it big?
- Discussions Inspired by the Upcoming 2018 Holi Festival
- Don't Man-Bag the Issue: purse, pouch, clutch-like or shoulder bag?
- Not Another Left-handed vs Right-handed Blog: Is there a good side to your body?
- From Childhood to Young Adult & Now Married - How Creating, Losing and Reconnecting with these Memories Makes Me Wonder about Life
- Her Bra Strap is Showing, so why should you feel uncomfortable?
- From Kejriwal to Aussie Smith, March 2018 is a Month of Surprising Apologies, Some Look Genuine, Others Outright Conceited!!
- The Pencil Thing: When Life Pulls You Back to the Basics!
- No Mom, I am not throwing away God!!
- I believe Casanova had great oral skills...I mean, Conversational!
- Don't complicate social media - it is more human than you think!
- Marble White & Predominantly White Sneakers Continue to Engage MEN...why?
- Guilt Pangs are OK but Don't Get Wishful about Reducing Your Guilt Footprints
- Find how the typewriter is not another technologically defunct memory...this old dog punches back!
- Owning a Beagle...am ready for the dope-eyed canine to crawl all over!
- Beer in a Glass versus Drinking Beer from the Bottle: why is the house so divided?
- Debating How Men Should Look: Why BIG guys will always be macho & better for many?
- Voyeuristic Decadence: What if you could crap like Richard Branson?
- Night-outs Should Be Exploring Without Scheduling | Planners, Stay Away!
- When Couple Therapy means getting along with a Man & Wife you cannot connect with!
- Colossal Crisis: Food Inspectors on the Metro & Confessions about Zero Self-Governance
- Not Just a Tattered Scooter, this is a bygone era on two wheels that is crumbling…
- The Geeky Gaff: Judging a Book by its Cover…Feel & a Lot More!
- Workout Disasters - Reality over Mind over Pain - am I losing to chimps?
- Catty, Animalistic or Just Fashionista? The Truth is that Animal Prints Don’t Make You Look Any of These…
- Now that tattoos are mainstream, are there any rules to the body ink game?
- Images to Test-Decipher How an Individual has Aged, Lived, Prospered, Degenerated
- Bright homes seem crude, crass & downright Asian poor versus Postcard-perfect Euro Locations
- Most Ridiculous Theory Ever about the Curse of Perfection – Only a Guy Could Share This | Popcorn Bytes
- Don’t Deny It – Everyone is Guilty of Leave-the-Office Early Pangs
- Nothing Oceanic Perhaps but this Shade is Calming for Sure…
- Love Nature but wearing it is entirely different | Ridiculous Fashion
- A Note to My Dear Phus-Phus...[Love Sign!]
- Be Bear-Y Patient to Read this...that strange Men-Bear Connection!
- DIY Silicone Lessions via DIY Struggles in Handling Industrial Strength Compounds
- Because white-spacing published content matters...
- Because white-spacing published content matters...
- SO Hate Me for Carrying One…somewhere in my daily gear
- Two Massagers & A Reasonably Good Guy
- Online Shopping Review for Mr. Bowerbird Apparels on Myntra