Search This Blog
Inter-dental Comfort: for Folks Cursed with Enlarging In-Between Tooth Spacing
It has been nearly 3 years and I am still struggling with finding a smarter, more practical solution to neutralize the nuisance of food particles getting lodged between my teeth. My trusted dentist, who seems very overwhelmed by my dental structure, says that I have a teeth constitution that is too complex to have straight answers. I have had my share of dental fillings. Even while filling with the best compounds known to mankind, the attending dental intern was quick to point that given the strange manner in which my teeth are lodged horizontally, the lifespan of these fillings is going to be a big question—what should last for at least one year might not make it beyond the first 3-4 months in my case! I have discovered some things along the way and I guess, these will be somewhat helpful to those with a similar problem.
Firstly, you either have it or you don’t. I am not talking about a body language that hooks and sinks the opposite gender but a dental geography that is more twisted and challenged than the Grand Canyons. The world of dentistry seems sold on the idea that some people are predestined to have dental issues. No matter how much hygiene they maintain, some problems will plague such unfortunate folks. Luckily, I am not the one to be counted in this much maligned population. I am a better prospect than those who need unending rounds of scaling and filling and root-canal procedures. The one thing that most people need to maintain good dental health but don’t care to follow-up about is quarterly scaling and daily flossing.
You have to invest in getting your teeth comprehensively scrubbed, soaked, brushed, and cleaned by some sort of abrasive tool that the dental technician possesses. There is no way around this even if you brush three times a day and have the perfect, Colgate smile. This, when combine with regular flossing, means you have the basics of preventing dental problems covered—now, you are positioned not to be repeatedly attacked by dental problems. This does not fight away the genetic predisposition to becoming a guinea pig for a dental clinic but you have now give yourself a fair, fighting chance.
Second—get more from your check-ups | Including the Ones you don't Pay for! This realization came about when I was making those irritating, repeated visits to our dentist some time back. There are these guys who would stumble into the lobby, not wait a lot, say they need a basic check-up, and exit the cabin rather happy. This is not about the dental hygienist giving a quick BJ. These people have real, pressing issues which should lead to a proper dental inspection and some curative measures.
However, since they are regular at a clinic, they have more say in opting for one of the suggested procedures and are more likely to get more accurate answers about any treatment plan proposed to them. They also have the leverage of walking-in for small tune-ups without paying for the services. This is just about 5 minutes with the dental attendant quickly scraping-away anything bothering you. But when you have that string from the fleshy stem of spinach lodged between the gum and a crooked teeth, those 5 minutes can bring orgasmic relief!
In my last two visits, I did not fix an appointment. I just waltzed into the reception area, holding my lower jaw and was very dramatic in announcing that Sir has always taken care of me and told me to approach him without an appointment if I was in big discomfort. Usually, the industrious, heavily exploited interns at dental establishments can get those scraping tools and knock-out those painful impacted materials without any supervision. This is not something that needs real finesse. The relief is instant. The payment is zero. This strategy is good!
Lastly, explore inter-dental cleaning aids. Are they easily available? Yes. Are they easy to use? Yes. Do most people suffering from repeated dental impactions know about these? Shockingly NO. For some reason, the professional world of dental surgeons and oral fixture correctors are not very enthusiastic about recommending these DIY tools for your dental care. An absolutely easy and handy approach to cleaning out those expanding inter-dental spaces, these are available in the form of inter-dental brushes. There is no bristle here. Instead, you get some spiky fabric and thin wire-like structure that has been engineered to enter and clean-out the smallest spaces. This is much easier than flossing, which for me, has been an utter failure!
Mental Health Battles, Confessions
- Need that Morning Sense of Calmness
- Trying to Breathe-In, Hold and Then, Exhale the Anxiety Out of ME
- Dem Lost Souls
- The Valium Pages in My DIY Life’s Diary
- Have You Used Self-created Pinch Points to Handle Anxiety?
- Exhaling Away the Blues, with a Thrust
- Don’t Plan Life, Just a Week Can Do!
- My Psoriasis: More of a Psychological Thing?!
- Uncluttering to Gain Composure: Is it really so simple?
- Skin Picking [Excoriation]: Stupid Addictions that Only Harm You
- Being Different: Learning Humility without Being a Doormat | Life Teaches You How to Give a Fuck
- Try to Push-up Towards Better Mental Health - When Exercising is about the MIND!
- Using Palm Clenching to Navigate Anxious Oceans
- Life Motivation Quotes that Don’t Relay the Right Idea Unless you don’t Value the Present!
- Type of Weird Things that Cloud My Mind when I look Serious, Attentive, Concerned
- Everyday Observations: What is this feeling associated with Books Stacked Together?
- Mind Matters: That One Thing No One in Depression Should be Allowed…
- Don't Try to Life-proof your Relationship, Let it Ride the Wave cauz You Made it that Strong!`
- Planning can be an achievement killer: scheduling to find your chi of greatness?
- Fruits with Aesthetics: what is it about happy lemons?
- How pint sips can be my anxiety fixer with no big downsides...
- You might want to drive alone, not to rethink, but to think better...
- Why not take an adventure trip within your home with almost zero gear? [DIY Anxiety Management]
- Condition that makes dotted patterns visually overwhelming is called___??
- Approach to Restarting Life Inspired by Falling Leaves
- When Life Gives You Lemons, Ask for Martini...Demand One!
- pre-empting the final goodbyes...the ones that will mean the most.
- What if you didn't have a bestie? What if the everlasting friendship never got underway...
- That time of the month for a Guy but is Mental Menstrual break a reality?
- Confession Time – Updated on February 13th, 2018
- Pain Lies in the Mind of the Beholder: Your Pain Can Be An Emotional Manager
Opinions About Everything
- Swagger when Sipping Tea?!
- Metro: The Last, Save Haven for Women in the City?
- Metro Physics, Chapter 1: “Human Pendulums”
- The Actresses are Revealed
- Portion of My Dreams Captured in Images Borrowed Online
- Changing First Name or Surname Post Marriage: are we overthinking it?
- Just Some Fleeting Thoughts about ‘Could Have Been Better’
- How Old is ‘seat-worthy old’?
- Lohri – yes, it is essentially a Bonfire Thing!
- Are your dreams always wintery?
- Are you eating a banana or hot dog?
- Why is winter dressing about Greys, followed by fanaticism for Black and Deep Blues?
- Weirdness about the Japanese Culture Just Got Deeper!
- What does red bring to you?
- Why deep-throating DIGITIZATION in India is stupid?
- Loving the Flames – a peek into bonfires, loving the flickers
- For the Love of Impact Mints, Actually the Box…OK!! It Is Just A Short Review!
- Is Misunderstanding ‘Big Data’ akin to Misinterpreting ‘How to Live’?
- Seeking Compliments Has Got Nothing To Do With Vanity…In Most Cases
- Dyslexia or Dysgraphia due to Breaking the Habit?
- Not Silence of the Lambs, Nothing Depraved, Just an Opinion about Sheep Shearing Videos
- Banish Old Driving Habits: Vehicular Acclimatization is What it Takes to Make the Most Out of Mahindra KUV 100
- Why this sudden global fascination with Brown?
- LIARS: So Pulled Back Hair is About Minimal Styling?
- Valentine's Day Thoughts: Proposing with an emphasis on making it big?
- Discussions Inspired by the Upcoming 2018 Holi Festival
- Don't Man-Bag the Issue: purse, pouch, clutch-like or shoulder bag?
- Not Another Left-handed vs Right-handed Blog: Is there a good side to your body?
- From Childhood to Young Adult & Now Married - How Creating, Losing and Reconnecting with these Memories Makes Me Wonder about Life
- Her Bra Strap is Showing, so why should you feel uncomfortable?
- From Kejriwal to Aussie Smith, March 2018 is a Month of Surprising Apologies, Some Look Genuine, Others Outright Conceited!!
- The Pencil Thing: When Life Pulls You Back to the Basics!
- No Mom, I am not throwing away God!!
- I believe Casanova had great oral skills...I mean, Conversational!
- Don't complicate social media - it is more human than you think!
- Marble White & Predominantly White Sneakers Continue to Engage MEN...why?
- Guilt Pangs are OK but Don't Get Wishful about Reducing Your Guilt Footprints
- Find how the typewriter is not another technologically defunct memory...this old dog punches back!
- Owning a Beagle...am ready for the dope-eyed canine to crawl all over!
- Beer in a Glass versus Drinking Beer from the Bottle: why is the house so divided?
- Debating How Men Should Look: Why BIG guys will always be macho & better for many?
- Voyeuristic Decadence: What if you could crap like Richard Branson?
- Night-outs Should Be Exploring Without Scheduling | Planners, Stay Away!
- When Couple Therapy means getting along with a Man & Wife you cannot connect with!
- Colossal Crisis: Food Inspectors on the Metro & Confessions about Zero Self-Governance
- Not Just a Tattered Scooter, this is a bygone era on two wheels that is crumbling…
- The Geeky Gaff: Judging a Book by its Cover…Feel & a Lot More!
- Workout Disasters - Reality over Mind over Pain - am I losing to chimps?
- Catty, Animalistic or Just Fashionista? The Truth is that Animal Prints Don’t Make You Look Any of These…
- Now that tattoos are mainstream, are there any rules to the body ink game?
- Images to Test-Decipher How an Individual has Aged, Lived, Prospered, Degenerated
- Bright homes seem crude, crass & downright Asian poor versus Postcard-perfect Euro Locations
- Most Ridiculous Theory Ever about the Curse of Perfection – Only a Guy Could Share This | Popcorn Bytes
- Don’t Deny It – Everyone is Guilty of Leave-the-Office Early Pangs
- Nothing Oceanic Perhaps but this Shade is Calming for Sure…
- Love Nature but wearing it is entirely different | Ridiculous Fashion
- A Note to My Dear Phus-Phus...[Love Sign!]
- Be Bear-Y Patient to Read this...that strange Men-Bear Connection!
- DIY Silicone Lessions via DIY Struggles in Handling Industrial Strength Compounds
- Because white-spacing published content matters...
- Because white-spacing published content matters...
- SO Hate Me for Carrying One…somewhere in my daily gear
- Two Massagers & A Reasonably Good Guy
- Online Shopping Review for Mr. Bowerbird Apparels on Myntra