I have encountered this many times, especially when jotting down notes after a conversation or recently, when writing an application to update my savings account information. Once I was through with writing [scribbling] through application, I took a moment to look at my masterpiece.
[Suggested Reading: ABout Digitization in India that is also reducing the need to write!]
These were the findings:
- There were so many writing styles that it would have done a note-scribbling serial murdered proud
- Spacing between lines had gone array so badly that if a train track had to be laid based on this outline, small communities would have been wiped out
- Leave along crossing the Ts an dotting the Is, every comma and special character, even the simplest of prepositions and pronouns with just one alphabet were in a SOS state
What did I learn from this?
- Don't downsize a skill just because you don't need it anymore – you might need to rediscover it at the most unexpected time
- My handwriting is not to be trusted. I am contemplating submitting at least 5 types of signatures at banks that warehouse my life’s savings
- Lastly, I have a habit of blogging a bit too much…if this weren’t true, you wouldn’t be reading this babble-mouth journal!