What started as a means to express my observations when riding the Delhi Metro, is now about maintaining a not-so-personal diary about the "everyday" - Life! Expect a lot of opinions, a love for the unusual, and the tendency to blog about things that don't seem to matter much...on-the-go, unfiltered and with bias.
Search This Blog
Cricketing Year 2010 — the Likely Formidables!
The New Year is upon us and from a cricketing perspective, it would be fair to say that this could prove to be one of the most closely-contested cricketing seasons. For starters, India and Australia would fight it hard to decide who gets to be the best test team with South Africa and England watching the progress of these two teams closely. South Africa need to regroup to a certain extent and revamp their brand of cricket if they are to become serious contenders for the ODI’s numero uno status and for the top-end of test ranking too. The team seems to be suffered from a lack of creativity on the field and their players, for some inexplicable reason, seem down and aren’t their usual, chirpy self and the bowlers aren’t prepared to get in on with the batsmen. While India’s ascendancy will be closely monitored and followed by millions of fans, it is Pakistan that could turn out to be the real wild card. Agreed that the team has not had the best of time yet, in Australia, but they are getting a semblance of building formidable bowling unit and their batting is slowly picking-up. I would say that England has miles to go, if each mile can be equalled to a decade, before being considered serious ODI material but yes, they do have the resources to be the test championship team. Of course, all these calculations and predictions have no meaning if the recently resurgent Aussies are back to their old ways. Under Ponting, they saw a harrowing period in the first part of 2009 but are now on the way to recovery and the small period of putting in the right pieces to solve their batting order conundrum and filtering bowlers for each format of the game is near completion. If their recent progress is any indication, they may re-assert themselves as the unquestioned world champions in every format of the game.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Mental Health Battles, Confessions
- Need that Morning Sense of Calmness
- Trying to Breathe-In, Hold and Then, Exhale the Anxiety Out of ME
- Dem Lost Souls
- The Valium Pages in My DIY Life’s Diary
- Have You Used Self-created Pinch Points to Handle Anxiety?
- Exhaling Away the Blues, with a Thrust
- Don’t Plan Life, Just a Week Can Do!
- My Psoriasis: More of a Psychological Thing?!
- Uncluttering to Gain Composure: Is it really so simple?
- Skin Picking [Excoriation]: Stupid Addictions that Only Harm You
- Being Different: Learning Humility without Being a Doormat | Life Teaches You How to Give a Fuck
- Try to Push-up Towards Better Mental Health - When Exercising is about the MIND!
- Using Palm Clenching to Navigate Anxious Oceans
- Life Motivation Quotes that Don’t Relay the Right Idea Unless you don’t Value the Present!
- Type of Weird Things that Cloud My Mind when I look Serious, Attentive, Concerned
- Everyday Observations: What is this feeling associated with Books Stacked Together?
- Mind Matters: That One Thing No One in Depression Should be Allowed…
- Don't Try to Life-proof your Relationship, Let it Ride the Wave cauz You Made it that Strong!`
- Planning can be an achievement killer: scheduling to find your chi of greatness?
- Fruits with Aesthetics: what is it about happy lemons?
- How pint sips can be my anxiety fixer with no big downsides...
- You might want to drive alone, not to rethink, but to think better...
- Why not take an adventure trip within your home with almost zero gear? [DIY Anxiety Management]
- Condition that makes dotted patterns visually overwhelming is called___??
- Approach to Restarting Life Inspired by Falling Leaves
- When Life Gives You Lemons, Ask for Martini...Demand One!
- pre-empting the final goodbyes...the ones that will mean the most.
- What if you didn't have a bestie? What if the everlasting friendship never got underway...
- That time of the month for a Guy but is Mental Menstrual break a reality?
- Confession Time – Updated on February 13th, 2018
- Pain Lies in the Mind of the Beholder: Your Pain Can Be An Emotional Manager
Opinions About Everything
- Swagger when Sipping Tea?!
- Metro: The Last, Save Haven for Women in the City?
- Metro Physics, Chapter 1: “Human Pendulums”
- The Actresses are Revealed
- Portion of My Dreams Captured in Images Borrowed Online
- Changing First Name or Surname Post Marriage: are we overthinking it?
- Just Some Fleeting Thoughts about ‘Could Have Been Better’
- How Old is ‘seat-worthy old’?
- Lohri – yes, it is essentially a Bonfire Thing!
- Are your dreams always wintery?
- Are you eating a banana or hot dog?
- Why is winter dressing about Greys, followed by fanaticism for Black and Deep Blues?
- Weirdness about the Japanese Culture Just Got Deeper!
- What does red bring to you?
- Why deep-throating DIGITIZATION in India is stupid?
- Loving the Flames – a peek into bonfires, loving the flickers
- For the Love of Impact Mints, Actually the Box…OK!! It Is Just A Short Review!
- Is Misunderstanding ‘Big Data’ akin to Misinterpreting ‘How to Live’?
- Seeking Compliments Has Got Nothing To Do With Vanity…In Most Cases
- Dyslexia or Dysgraphia due to Breaking the Habit?
- Not Silence of the Lambs, Nothing Depraved, Just an Opinion about Sheep Shearing Videos
- Banish Old Driving Habits: Vehicular Acclimatization is What it Takes to Make the Most Out of Mahindra KUV 100
- Why this sudden global fascination with Brown?
- LIARS: So Pulled Back Hair is About Minimal Styling?
- Valentine's Day Thoughts: Proposing with an emphasis on making it big?
- Discussions Inspired by the Upcoming 2018 Holi Festival
- Don't Man-Bag the Issue: purse, pouch, clutch-like or shoulder bag?
- Not Another Left-handed vs Right-handed Blog: Is there a good side to your body?
- From Childhood to Young Adult & Now Married - How Creating, Losing and Reconnecting with these Memories Makes Me Wonder about Life
- Her Bra Strap is Showing, so why should you feel uncomfortable?
- From Kejriwal to Aussie Smith, March 2018 is a Month of Surprising Apologies, Some Look Genuine, Others Outright Conceited!!
- The Pencil Thing: When Life Pulls You Back to the Basics!
- No Mom, I am not throwing away God!!
- I believe Casanova had great oral skills...I mean, Conversational!
- Don't complicate social media - it is more human than you think!
- Marble White & Predominantly White Sneakers Continue to Engage MEN...why?
- Guilt Pangs are OK but Don't Get Wishful about Reducing Your Guilt Footprints
- Find how the typewriter is not another technologically defunct memory...this old dog punches back!
- Owning a Beagle...am ready for the dope-eyed canine to crawl all over!
- Beer in a Glass versus Drinking Beer from the Bottle: why is the house so divided?
- Debating How Men Should Look: Why BIG guys will always be macho & better for many?
- Voyeuristic Decadence: What if you could crap like Richard Branson?
- Night-outs Should Be Exploring Without Scheduling | Planners, Stay Away!
- When Couple Therapy means getting along with a Man & Wife you cannot connect with!
- Colossal Crisis: Food Inspectors on the Metro & Confessions about Zero Self-Governance
- Not Just a Tattered Scooter, this is a bygone era on two wheels that is crumbling…
- The Geeky Gaff: Judging a Book by its Cover…Feel & a Lot More!
- Workout Disasters - Reality over Mind over Pain - am I losing to chimps?
- Catty, Animalistic or Just Fashionista? The Truth is that Animal Prints Don’t Make You Look Any of These…
- Now that tattoos are mainstream, are there any rules to the body ink game?
- Images to Test-Decipher How an Individual has Aged, Lived, Prospered, Degenerated
- Bright homes seem crude, crass & downright Asian poor versus Postcard-perfect Euro Locations
- Most Ridiculous Theory Ever about the Curse of Perfection – Only a Guy Could Share This | Popcorn Bytes
- Don’t Deny It – Everyone is Guilty of Leave-the-Office Early Pangs
- Nothing Oceanic Perhaps but this Shade is Calming for Sure…
- Love Nature but wearing it is entirely different | Ridiculous Fashion
- A Note to My Dear Phus-Phus...[Love Sign!]
- Be Bear-Y Patient to Read this...that strange Men-Bear Connection!
- DIY Silicone Lessions via DIY Struggles in Handling Industrial Strength Compounds
- Because white-spacing published content matters...
- Because white-spacing published content matters...
- SO Hate Me for Carrying One…somewhere in my daily gear
- Two Massagers & A Reasonably Good Guy
- Online Shopping Review for Mr. Bowerbird Apparels on Myntra
I would like to say that unless the Lankan witness a remarkable turnaround under Sangakarra, 2010 could be a very average year for the island nation. The primary reason being that the team is undergoing a difficult re-building phase and it will take time for some stability to be restored in the middle-order and some consistency to come back among their young bowlers. However, they have been brave enough to try out lots of youngsters and hopefully, they are on their way of identifying those who are capable of serving them for a reasonable period of time.ReplyDelete
I still believe that the team that could rock the apple-cart of all such predictions is Pakistan. They just cannot be taken lightly, particularly at a time when their bowling seems to be developing into a lethal arsenal. Umar Gul is always lurking and now with Asif back to lead the attack, Aamer and Tanveer added to the equation...phew, that could be one tough bowling cookie to digest for any side no matter how many brilliant batsmen they are packing and this includes, IndiaReplyDelete
I would not count on the Lankans so early. A lot of their players weren't fit for a consdierable time in 2009 and theit went through bit of a personal crisis after the bombing attack that struck them in Mumbair. Samaraweera and Chamara Silva have returned to the middler order and their bowling resources are slowly picking-up and with Sanga in a new, aggressive mold, the Lankans could be more damaging than Pakistan.ReplyDelete