The Indian team’s ODI performance hasn’t been the greatest in recent months and despite that the team is in reckoning to win the numero uno ranking profile, courtesy of the present point-based ICC calculation system and India’s decent performances during the first half of 2009. It should be highlighted that this recent dip in performance is deeply disturbing considering that India have been facing under-strength teams. First Australia and now SL are here without many of their star players being left due to form-based issues or due to injuries. Further, these are home series and ideally, India should be winning the series quite comfortably. However, that is not the case.
They struggled a lot against the limited bowling resources of Australia and their own bowling attack has been repeatedly put to the sword by a Sri Lankan batting line-up wherein only the top four batsman can be considered regular members and potential match-winners and among that too, Mahela Jayewardene is desperately out-of-form. So what does this say about Dhoni’s men? They are vying hard for the top ranking status but where are the ODI performances to back the claim? If the bowling cannot hold its own in a home series with nearly a full-bench with most of the regular bowlers bowling, what does this indicate for the future? Secondly, the Indian batsmen are doing pretty good but usually when they are setting-up targets. They failed miserably when trying to chase reasonable targets and it seems that if the captain, Dhoni, doesn’t fire in the middle-order, it does seem to collapse against sustained short-pitched bowling.
What started as a means to express my observations when riding the Delhi Metro, is now about maintaining a not-so-personal diary about the "everyday" - Life! Expect a lot of opinions, a love for the unusual, and the tendency to blog about things that don't seem to matter much...on-the-go, unfiltered and with bias.
Search This Blog
India’s ODI Reality Check — Struggling Against Under-Strength Teams, worthy of being numero uno?
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Mental Health Battles, Confessions
- Need that Morning Sense of Calmness
- Trying to Breathe-In, Hold and Then, Exhale the Anxiety Out of ME
- Dem Lost Souls
- The Valium Pages in My DIY Life’s Diary
- Have You Used Self-created Pinch Points to Handle Anxiety?
- Exhaling Away the Blues, with a Thrust
- Don’t Plan Life, Just a Week Can Do!
- My Psoriasis: More of a Psychological Thing?!
- Uncluttering to Gain Composure: Is it really so simple?
- Skin Picking [Excoriation]: Stupid Addictions that Only Harm You
- Being Different: Learning Humility without Being a Doormat | Life Teaches You How to Give a Fuck
- Try to Push-up Towards Better Mental Health - When Exercising is about the MIND!
- Using Palm Clenching to Navigate Anxious Oceans
- Life Motivation Quotes that Don’t Relay the Right Idea Unless you don’t Value the Present!
- Type of Weird Things that Cloud My Mind when I look Serious, Attentive, Concerned
- Everyday Observations: What is this feeling associated with Books Stacked Together?
- Mind Matters: That One Thing No One in Depression Should be Allowed…
- Don't Try to Life-proof your Relationship, Let it Ride the Wave cauz You Made it that Strong!`
- Planning can be an achievement killer: scheduling to find your chi of greatness?
- Fruits with Aesthetics: what is it about happy lemons?
- How pint sips can be my anxiety fixer with no big downsides...
- You might want to drive alone, not to rethink, but to think better...
- Why not take an adventure trip within your home with almost zero gear? [DIY Anxiety Management]
- Condition that makes dotted patterns visually overwhelming is called___??
- Approach to Restarting Life Inspired by Falling Leaves
- When Life Gives You Lemons, Ask for Martini...Demand One!
- pre-empting the final goodbyes...the ones that will mean the most.
- What if you didn't have a bestie? What if the everlasting friendship never got underway...
- That time of the month for a Guy but is Mental Menstrual break a reality?
- Confession Time – Updated on February 13th, 2018
- Pain Lies in the Mind of the Beholder: Your Pain Can Be An Emotional Manager
Opinions About Everything
- Swagger when Sipping Tea?!
- Metro: The Last, Save Haven for Women in the City?
- Metro Physics, Chapter 1: “Human Pendulums”
- The Actresses are Revealed
- Portion of My Dreams Captured in Images Borrowed Online
- Changing First Name or Surname Post Marriage: are we overthinking it?
- Just Some Fleeting Thoughts about ‘Could Have Been Better’
- How Old is ‘seat-worthy old’?
- Lohri – yes, it is essentially a Bonfire Thing!
- Are your dreams always wintery?
- Are you eating a banana or hot dog?
- Why is winter dressing about Greys, followed by fanaticism for Black and Deep Blues?
- Weirdness about the Japanese Culture Just Got Deeper!
- What does red bring to you?
- Why deep-throating DIGITIZATION in India is stupid?
- Loving the Flames – a peek into bonfires, loving the flickers
- For the Love of Impact Mints, Actually the Box…OK!! It Is Just A Short Review!
- Is Misunderstanding ‘Big Data’ akin to Misinterpreting ‘How to Live’?
- Seeking Compliments Has Got Nothing To Do With Vanity…In Most Cases
- Dyslexia or Dysgraphia due to Breaking the Habit?
- Not Silence of the Lambs, Nothing Depraved, Just an Opinion about Sheep Shearing Videos
- Banish Old Driving Habits: Vehicular Acclimatization is What it Takes to Make the Most Out of Mahindra KUV 100
- Why this sudden global fascination with Brown?
- LIARS: So Pulled Back Hair is About Minimal Styling?
- Valentine's Day Thoughts: Proposing with an emphasis on making it big?
- Discussions Inspired by the Upcoming 2018 Holi Festival
- Don't Man-Bag the Issue: purse, pouch, clutch-like or shoulder bag?
- Not Another Left-handed vs Right-handed Blog: Is there a good side to your body?
- From Childhood to Young Adult & Now Married - How Creating, Losing and Reconnecting with these Memories Makes Me Wonder about Life
- Her Bra Strap is Showing, so why should you feel uncomfortable?
- From Kejriwal to Aussie Smith, March 2018 is a Month of Surprising Apologies, Some Look Genuine, Others Outright Conceited!!
- The Pencil Thing: When Life Pulls You Back to the Basics!
- No Mom, I am not throwing away God!!
- I believe Casanova had great oral skills...I mean, Conversational!
- Don't complicate social media - it is more human than you think!
- Marble White & Predominantly White Sneakers Continue to Engage MEN...why?
- Guilt Pangs are OK but Don't Get Wishful about Reducing Your Guilt Footprints
- Find how the typewriter is not another technologically defunct memory...this old dog punches back!
- Owning a Beagle...am ready for the dope-eyed canine to crawl all over!
- Beer in a Glass versus Drinking Beer from the Bottle: why is the house so divided?
- Debating How Men Should Look: Why BIG guys will always be macho & better for many?
- Voyeuristic Decadence: What if you could crap like Richard Branson?
- Night-outs Should Be Exploring Without Scheduling | Planners, Stay Away!
- When Couple Therapy means getting along with a Man & Wife you cannot connect with!
- Colossal Crisis: Food Inspectors on the Metro & Confessions about Zero Self-Governance
- Not Just a Tattered Scooter, this is a bygone era on two wheels that is crumbling…
- The Geeky Gaff: Judging a Book by its Cover…Feel & a Lot More!
- Workout Disasters - Reality over Mind over Pain - am I losing to chimps?
- Catty, Animalistic or Just Fashionista? The Truth is that Animal Prints Don’t Make You Look Any of These…
- Now that tattoos are mainstream, are there any rules to the body ink game?
- Images to Test-Decipher How an Individual has Aged, Lived, Prospered, Degenerated
- Bright homes seem crude, crass & downright Asian poor versus Postcard-perfect Euro Locations
- Most Ridiculous Theory Ever about the Curse of Perfection – Only a Guy Could Share This | Popcorn Bytes
- Don’t Deny It – Everyone is Guilty of Leave-the-Office Early Pangs
- Nothing Oceanic Perhaps but this Shade is Calming for Sure…
- Love Nature but wearing it is entirely different | Ridiculous Fashion
- A Note to My Dear Phus-Phus...[Love Sign!]
- Be Bear-Y Patient to Read this...that strange Men-Bear Connection!
- DIY Silicone Lessions via DIY Struggles in Handling Industrial Strength Compounds
- Because white-spacing published content matters...
- Because white-spacing published content matters...
- SO Hate Me for Carrying One…somewhere in my daily gear
- Two Massagers & A Reasonably Good Guy
- Online Shopping Review for Mr. Bowerbird Apparels on Myntra
Post a Comment
Please Share Your Thoughts...